ModLoader was developed by Risugami and since this was released, every minecrafter’s life was easier. This mod is designed to make other people mods work, that being the main purpose. It comes with an easy installation and without ModLoader, when you are trying to install another mod your game will crash, so that’s why it is so popular and as well your game play depends on this. Think about how your minecraft would be with only one mod installed. Would you be as entertained as you are now? Would you enjoy this game as much as you do now? These questions are ironic because we all know that ModLoader is vital when we are talking about minecraft. In the last period we have seen how everything is changing and how mods are becoming more and more appreciated, but we don’t like all the mods out there and when we find few that are really amazing, there is a chance for that MODs not to be compatible. Besides that, there are some developers that are really doing a great job and the mods they develop are so amazing. Take for example Risugami, he is a great developer and all the mods developed by him are enjoyed by every minecrafter out there because these mods are entertaining.
Features and Usage
This is the part that we all love about a MOD, tool, texture or something else because here comes all the good stuff. The features that are coming with ModLoader are really awesome and you will be amazed by each and every one of them. We all know how some players might say that Minecraft Forge API replaced the ModLoader, but how can you say that when you still need the ModLoader to install the Minecraft Forge API? Yeah, you might ask where the features list is, but because ModLoader is a very important one, I want you to download this and find the features all by yourself.
The usage of the ModLoader is actually very simple. All you have to do is to install it correctly on a fresh and clean minecraft. If you keep in mind these
NOTE: This tutorial is designed to install on Minecraft 1.6.2!
1.6.x and up
- 1) Run the latest launcher and download 1.6.2
- 2) Go to %appdata%/.minecraft/versions
- 3) Copy the directory named 1.6.2 and paste as 1.6.2ML or 1.6.2ML (you may name however you please, but everything must match) so there are now two copies.
- 4) Enter new directory and rename the jar and json files to match the directory.
- 5) Open the json file in your prefered Notepad program and change:
- 6) Now with the jar you should do the steps below starting at number 3.
1.5.x and below
- 1) Open up %appdata%, if you don’t know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
- 2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
- 3) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
- 4) Drag and drop the necessary files into the jar.
- 5) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
- 6) Run Minecraft, enjoy!
- 1) Go to Applications>Utilities and open terminal.
- 2) Type in the following, line by line:
cd ~ mkdir mctmp cd mctmp jar xf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
- 3) Outside of terminal, copy all the files and folders into the mctmp directory.
- 4) Back inside terminal, type in the following:
rm META-INF/MOJANG_C.* jar uf ~/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./ cd .. rm -rf mctmp
- 5) Run Minecraft, enjoy!