A new snapshot for Minecraft 1.6, 5 bugs fixed, 3 new things in this snapshot, it seems that the next version (1.6) will not use texture packs which are now working Minecraft 1.5. You’ll need to update all the texture packs to work with the next version, for Mojang Team wants to change all the code from the Resource Pack and see more details here. This is not a good thing, but it has a good side. “Resource packs will be able to change any type of resource, from sounds to fonts, and not just textures. We’re also including a new metadata format so that we (and mods/plugins) can easily include whole new types of resources with very minimal difficulty.”
- Added new /spreadplayers command
- Added new gamerule for natural health regen
- Some balancing to potions and hunger
- Cows eat buckets. Seems unhealthy!
- Teleporting to “NaN” crashes the game
- Remove ‘docm77′ mob as it is not working as intended
- Custom Mob spawner crashing game
- Dogs attack Horses
- First, download this snapshot for your system (Windows,MAC or Linux).
- Go to your .minecraft folder:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8: %appdata%\.minecraft\
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
- Replace “minecraft.jar” in the “bin” folder there with the one you downloaded, and start Minecraft.