Minecraft Forge API was developed in a great purpose and every minecrafter out there should be thankful to the developer for its great idea and for its work. You know how it says that you have to forge something before it become what it should be, right? Well, that is kind of what Minecraft Forge API does. It forges minecraft into becoming something better than ever. Everything is evolving from the technology to our mentality. But wait, we are talking about minecraft. That’s right, in minecraft things are evolving too! Think about how the vanilla version of minecraft looks like and then think about its current version. There is a big difference between back then and the present and this difference is defined as a good change to everything this mod means. We know how mod evolved in the last period of time and they are evolving faster and faster, all of them coming with great changes and great features that should entertain us more or less, but we should be optimistic and hope that all MODs that will be released from now on will be as amazing as any other mods that you have installed at this moment. This is a replacement for ModLoader but unfortunately not an official replacement because you can’t just erase some guy work, so it is a replacement because the minecrafters thought about it that way.
Features and changes
You know how any feature counts? Well, Minecraft Forge API has a lot of great features and also there are some amazing changes that come with this version. Just stay put and you will find everything about them. And I will like to start with the features list, so here is it:
- Much more MODs are now compatible with Minecraft Forge API;
- New usage techniques have been implemented;
- New unique GUI have been added;
- Also there are more but I presented you only the most important ones.
That are the most important features that you must know before you download Minecraft Forge API. Now, let’s take a look on the changes and see how big they are and how these changes could help us. There are four major changes and I will present them to you right now:
- Runtime Deobfuscation. Minecraft will be deobfuscate by FML to srg names at runtime and this will provide a staibler codebase for modders and developers. What this means? It means that smaller MODs will not have to update for new minecraft versions, but this is not guaranteed;
- New branched build system. It allows you to easily build forge for multiple versions of minecraft without crashing the build server;
- Minecraft Rendering Engine. It allows all the textures from your game to be stitched together into the memory and threated as a single textured;
- TESR Culling. For the end user the significant performances will increase in the areas with a lot of tile entites.
Changelog Build FMI 7.9.0
- Attempt to allocate a 8-bit stencil buffer when creating Minecraft’s display context. If that throws an error it will revert back to it’s default values.
- Also contains a method for modders to rereive how many bits the context was created with.
- EntityPlayer sensitive version of Item.isValidArmor, deprecated older version.
- Changed to just plane entity for flexability.
- New RenderPlayer and RenderLiving events.
- Update forge_at.cfg
- Separate EQUIPPED and EQUIPPED_FIRST_PERSON Item Render Types
- Capture and fire the PlaySoundAtEntity event for The client entity. Minecraft does some odd bypasses for no good reason. Thanks iPixile for reporting this.
- Update to 1.7.5 PR.
- Download and run the new Minecraft launcher at least once.
- Download launcher installer for Minecraft Forge, below!
- Now open the file that you downloaded (minecraftforge-installer-1.7.5-188.8.131.529.jar).
- You make a simple click on “OK”!
- Open MINECRAFT launcher and select the new Forge profile.
Minecraft 1.4, 1.5
- Download Minecraft Forge API;
- Locate your bin folder inside your minecraft folder and open your minecraft.jar file;
- Drag all the content of the downloaded Minecraft Forge API (.class files, not zip file) into your minecraft.jar file;
- Delete META-INF folder;
- You are done! Have fun.
for Minecraft 1.7.5: