Ant Farm Survival map is, as you have already guess, a survival map and the most of this map implements are the ants that are going to kill you as soon as they will can. The story of this map is cool enough for you to be entertained and it goes like this: you start in a small house and in a mysterious day a no named guy comes into your door and gives you a magical ant keeping glass. Being a survivor in a world full of danger is a great challenge and if you want to live you have to make some sacrifices such as eating all kind of food that you find, even insects or weird animals. But until now that wasn’t necessary in minecraft because survival in minecraft doesn’t mean eating all kind of stuff.
Surviving maps in minecraft are implementing some tasks that you have to finish and by finishing them you will get the achievements. At the same time you will be in great danger, so that’s the interesting part because as soon as you start to do something, some ugly mob could appear near you and attack you. All you have to do is to pay attention at what you are doing and you will be safe, or that’s how they say. The next day you woke up and you realize you are in an ant tunnel. Surviving this tunnel means that you will be chased by mass ant soldiers, find diamonds and make yourself a water way. As well, building a house will be necessary because you will have to live there as long as is possible. Also, there is not that much to talk about the features because they are not much and I preferred to tell you some about the map itself instead of listing three features.
- There is no coal ore, you must make charcoal!
- The walls are re-textured bedrock, meaning that it’s technically opaque and its really dark lower down!
- If you’re going to play on Multiplayer, make sure you set spawn radius to 0 (in bukkit.yml) to avoid spawning outside the Ant Farm! And make sure you use Bukkit, or you won’t be able to go to the Nether Ant Farm!
- Put render distance on Far to see the whole room!
- Don’t leave the Ant Farm until you get to that achievement.
- Don’t play on peaceful. This is a survival map!
- Use the included texture pack. Otherwise everything will look craaaazy…
- Don’t make another nether portal in the nether, or bad things will happen.
- Don’t harvest anything outside the ant farm.
- Download Ant Farm Map;
- Extract Ant Farm Survival Map;
- Locate your Saves folder into your minecraft folder;
- Drag all the content of the extracted map into your Saves folder;
- Congrats, you are done! Have fun experiencing the map you have installed!